First things first, many thanks to Miss/Mrs Dawn for nominating this blog to this award. Gone through your posts such as God Is Calling Us Out to the Before You Were Formed series. Well I have to say that, it is amazing being able to share in your journey of trusting in Christ & being endowed with His Love. May you continue doing so, by God’s Grace
Check out her blog right here >> Drawing Closer to Christ
Now, on to what brought us here in the first place.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
Here are the questions for me:
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten or should I say attempted to eat? Mutura, at around the lunch period. Tasted funny. Needed a douse of darkness to complete the taste (if you know, you know 😂🤫)
- What is the hardest thing you have overcome? 2 heartbreaks and the loss of a loved one in a span of months. It was a very depressive period back in 2017. Talked it out to some of my tight friends & it helped bring the pain down; far from any reactive action’s threshold. It was the worst pain I’d ever come across in my life, but God raised me out of depression, self dejection & a lowly estate in my life and I stand victorious today. Yes, the scars are there but the battle was fought & won
- What is the one thing you have to have every day? A song in my head. Especially when I get to visit my personal studio, Bathroom Records© (we all have this studio, where Platinum albums & EP’s have been released 😂🤫)
- Why do you think it is so hard for most men to share their true feelings with the ones they love? Love language. Not all men express their love through emotional means. Expression of feelings for them is not really a sign of weakness but is just the less preferred option to show their love through. Some even do so actually. Also, that there is a stereotype when man comes into the society to be tough & without public expression of emotion. Society demands & has shaped this man to be so.
- If you are married, what do you treasure the most about your spouse?If dating, what about the one you are seeing? If single, what are you looking for? I am single. My intentions with a lady for a relationship are not forthcoming anytime soon. Nevertheless, I desire a Godly woman, chaste in intentional priority & choice, who challenges me, who genuinely loves & cares, is willing to support the vision I carry, who is a joy to be around & who is not proud. I find myself seeking them out in my lady friends, but then I remember 1 Timothy 5:2 which calls for purity. So, yeah. I’m content in my singlehood.
- Where did the term, without using Google or any other search engine, by the skin of my teeth come from? I’ve quite never even used it, leave alone look it up. So, I’mma sadly pass that one.
- What are you passionate about and why? Music. It has been my thing for the past 8 years, but more seriously undertaken these past 3 years. I’m only 21. For me, it is a great tool to use in ministry, another passion that has been in my heart for quite a while. Music introduced me to great places, individuals, teams yet also has been used to humble me & in so many ways, help shape my character eg confidence in front of people. For me, it is a life changer. Thankful to God for allowing this passion & gift to grow as gradually as it did & it continues to do.
- What topics, if any, have you wanted to write about but haven’t because you feel your “fan base” would not approve? Depression (based on some feedback I received), marriage (duuh 😂🔥), sexual sin in the church, my unfiltered thoughts on a lot of accepted practices (especially dress-code 😂🔥🤫)
- Someone who has hurt you deeply in the past reaches out to you. They have done so to make ammends because the Lord told them to. Do you forgive or do you tell them to bugger off? I forgive them!
- Now, let’s flip that question a little. The Lord tells you to reach out to someone you hurt in the past. Do you do so or do you ignore the prompting of the Holy Spirit out of fear? I obey the Holy Spirit. I’d reach out & have done so actually to friends and former friends. Miss/Mrs Dawn shares that we need to pray to God that we may know how best to go about this. I fully agree to that! It is not an easy decision. It is not an easy task.
- Oh gosh, you are running late for work, grab a quick cup of coffee, get dressed quickly, slip on a pair of shoes and jet. When you arrive at work people snicker when you walk in because you slipped on two different pairs of shoes. What do you do? I’d make best use of that opportunity to ask for a day (or 2..even 3) off because I’d have cracked so many ribs of my fellow workmates. I wouldn’t want the company to incur health insurance expenses all because of one individual. No. I’ll take one for the team & have my leave, thank you 😂 💪🏾
Saem’s Blog is nominating the following to this award. Feel very tagged:
- Ex-Narnian >> https://exnarnian.wordpress.com/2019/05/18/a-faith-in-recovery-the-difficulty-of-pride/
- zzzisle >> https://zzzisle.wordpress.com/2019/05/17/it-is-not-about-the-shoes-sarge/
- Ex-Muslim News >> http://exmuslimnews.org/2019/05/10/425/
- Joypassiondesire >> http://joypassiondesire.com/2019/05/20/in-the-midst-of-despair-know-that-this-too-shall-pass/
- Possum >> https://possum799459759.wordpress.com/2018/08/02/my-plain-old-rotten-luck-with-the-cops/
- The Father’s Daughter >> https://poetnari.wordpress.com/2019/03/20/my-rock/
- Njerie Gitau >> http://njeriegitau.com/2019/04/20/what-do-you-think/
- Rebekah Dawn >> http://bekadawn.com/2018/09/07/what-do-you-have-in-your-hand/
- Ngare Kariuki >> https://ngarekariuki.com/religious-or-not-evangelism-is-in-our-dna/
- Encourage. Comfort. Edify >> https://muchgrace.wordpress.com/2019/05/20/monday-95/
- The Godly Chic Diaries >> https://gcdiaries.wordpress.com/2019/03/01/if-i-know-what-love-is-it-is-because-of-you/
The limit was 11 nominees. There was no particular order in the nomination/admission of anyone to the award list. Even though, I would also want to Nominate & recognise these amazing writers in their own “write” :
Miss/Mrs Ivey’s questions were quite the thought-provoking ones, so feel free to also answer these very questions above.
NB: Participation is optional.
Do feel free to share though. Thank you for reading through & more so for flourishing in your gift of expression through writing. You bless many beyond what you may know.